The previous post described the creation of the rock faces, now it’s time to paint them.
First, a coat of sandy yellow. It’s a DIY shop ‘match pot’ called something like Dawn Dune, Egyptian Sand or Sahara Sunrise. Bascially, I chose something that looked sand coloured 🙂
Then I applied washes of cheap artists acrylics: Black, Burnt Sienna, Raw Sienna, Burnt Umber and a little Red Oxide. I couldn’t tell you exactly what I did, I tried different washes until it looked right to me.
Finally, Mr Blue Sky visited, and I couldn’t resist placing the structures and the LED lighting on the layout to see what it looked like.
This is getting close to what I want…
… but I’m going to disappoint the big blue fellow and add some clouds to the sky 🙂