Dodgy Electrics Solved

I’ve discovered why one of the point blades wasn’t getting any electricity.

Between the closure rails and the point blades there is a small pivot. This allows the point blades to move and, because I’ve connected power to the frog, it carries the current to the point blade.

I cleaned away the clay and paint that I’d applied around it, pressed the contacts firmly back in place and the current to the point blade was restored.

Phew, I was worried that I would have to dig out the point and replace it. I am very pleased that the solution was a simple one.

In future I will be more carefully when I’m ‘splashing about’ with clay and paint!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.