Two Steps Forward….

This evening I cleaned the track on Thomas and Sons. When I cleaned the first rail I was surprised how shiny it was compared to the rest of the track. It just goes to show how much paint there was on the rails.

After cleaning with a track rubber and some cleaning fluid I tested the layout. The test loco ran surprisingly well, except over one point (switch) blade. It appear the blade isn’t getting any power. This is rather disappointing because I’ve installed frog polarity switching so it should be getting some juice. I will investigate tomorrow when I’m not so tired.

Perhaps, I should rename the layout ‘Two steps forward, one step back’…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.