Recycling Rheneas – Loco Driver

I’d like the modified Rheneus loco to have a driver but I didn’t have a figure that fitted into the cab. Some modellers modify figures, removing the legs, arms or heads (or all three!) and glue them back in more suitable positions. I wondered if I could do the same to this Dapol figure.

Using a sharp craft knife I cut away whatever he is holding and removed part of one arm and one leg so that he would fit into the cab. Next I cut off his head, repositioned it so that he will be facing the front of the loco and stuck it back on with plastic weld.

The motor takes up a lot of space in the loco cab and some further modifications were required to reduce the depth of the figure. Now he fits!


One comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.