The chassis from my model of Rheneas has been used for an O9 locomotive. This means that I have a spare body and I wondered if I could reuse it.
My first thought was to remove the footplate.
The chassis from the Minitrains Krauss / Stainz loco is a very reliable runner and I like using it for OO9 loco builds. I compared the body to a chassis from one of my existing locos.
Unfortunately, the Rheneas body is too long for the Minitrains chassis.
After a strong coffee, I used a junior hacksaw to cut an 8mm long section from the boiler.
Then I made a footplate from 0.5mm (20 thou) thick plasticard.
The footplate and the pieces of the Rheneas body were placed on the Minitrains chassis.
Perhaps it’s not very prototypical but I must say I do like the look of this loco, it’s rather fun.
I want to complete this build 🙂
I think it looks cheeky and charming. Well done on a quirky conversion.
Thanks Chris. I think it will look good on my layout and it will definitely be a unique loco 🙂
Looks like that will make a great conversion job.