I have (finally) painted the flat wagons I built in January this year. Last time they were on the blog they were bear plasticard.
I like painting on lots of different layers. It’s really easy to do with acrylic paints and leads to some nice effects. Perhaps I’m over complicating things but here’s what I did:
- Primer Citadel Coraz White (light Grey)
- Paint chassis Humbrol Dirty Black mixed with a small amount Citadel Ulthuan Grey
- Rough coat of Citadel Zandri dust – semi dry brush of top, wet brush underneath
- Touch up black on chassis
- Wash of dilute Humbrol Dirty Black
- Dry brush chassis and wagon in Citadel Ulthuan Grey
- Dry brush chassis and wagon Citadel Zandi Dust
- Dry brush chassis and wagon Citadel Steel Legion Drag
- Dry brush chassis with rust mix (Citadel XV88 mixed with small amount of Citadel Dunbar Brown)
- Wash with dilute Humbrol Dirty Black – three times
I rather like the end result.