This week I’ve made the round windows for the factory buildings. It will be difficult to access these when the roofs are in place, so the job needed to be done now.
A window frame was created from 0.5 x 2mm (20 x 80 thou) Evergreen plastic strip. This was curved around a pen and put in place. Here it is before it’s been glued.
Rather than having glass windows, I wanted a lourved window effect. I cut a piece of Evergreen V Groove sheet (2mm, 80 thou spacing) and fitted it in place.
Finally, the window was painted blue and weathered by dry brushing with grey and brown, and finished with a wash of diluted black.
Actually, it was a bit of a production line…. I made three at once.